The Catholic parish church Maria Hilf in the Au, called Mariahilfkirche, is the main parish church of the Au. It was started by Joseph Daniel Ohlmüller from 1831 to 1839 and completed by Georg Friedrich Ziebland. The landmark of the Au is considered a prototype of the neo-Gothic church architecture of the 19th century. It is one of the three "neo-Gothic siblings of Munich", the Holy Cross Church and St. John Baptist, all three have a similar monumental brick style and are located east of the Isar.
Printmaker: Meyer Joseph, 1796-1856.
Meyer operated very successfully as a publisher, employing a system of serial subscription to publications, which was new at that time. To this end he founded a company, Bibliographisches Institut, in Gotha. He published several editions atlases, the world in pictures on steel engravings ("Meyers Universum", 1833–61, 17 volumes in 12 languages with 80,000 subscribers all over Europe)
Origin: Meyer's Universum, published by Bibliographic Institute Hildburghausen Germany.
16th -17th -18th-19th Century antique original engraved prints A Certificate of Authenticity ( COA ) will be supplied on request. We ship our antique items across the world.
Sheet app.: 10.5 x 7.5 inches. 26.5 x 18.5 cm. Image app.: 6.5 x 4.5 inches. 16.5 x 12 cm.