De la Ville de Syon Valais Old woodcut Sion Sitten Switzerland Seb. Munster 1552
Titel: De la Ville de Syon
Sion also called Sitten in Valais the Swiss Alps showing the town with fortifications, churches and castles. In the higher Alps The Valère basilica, also called Valère castle is a fortified church situated in Sion. It faces the Château de Tourbillon, located on the opposite hill. Tourbillon was built around 1300 by Bishop Boniface de Challant.
Sebastian Munster (1488-1552)
Content of the 1544–1598 editions:
1. Book I - Astronomy, Mathematics, Physical Geography, Cartography
2. Book II - England, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Savoy, Trier, Italy
3. Book III - Germany, Alsace, Switzerland, Austria, Carniola, Istria, Bohemia, Moravia, Silesia, Pomerania, Prussia, Livland
4. Book IV - Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, Russia, Walachia, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey
5. Book V - Asia Minor, Cyprus, Armenia, Palestine, Arabia, Persia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, Scythia, Tartary, India, Ceylon, Burma, China, East Indies, Madagascar, Zanzibar, America
6. Book VI - Mauritania, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Senegal, Gambia, Mali, South Africa, East Africa
Editions of Cosmographia:
* German 1544, 1546, 1548, 1550, 1553, 1556, 1558, 1561, 1564, 1567, 1569, 1572, 1574, 1578, 1588, 1592, 1598, 1614, 1628
* Latin 1550, 1552, 1554, 1559, 1572
* French 1552, 1556, 1560, 1565, 1568, 1575
* Italian 1558, 1575
* Czech 1554
17th -18th Century maps & atlases & prints.
ORIGINAL ANTIQUE WOODCUT, HAND COLORED.
Woodcut is Absolutely Guaranteed authentic original map.
A Certificate of Authenticity will be on request forwarded for each individual map or print.
Sheet app.: 39.5 x 31.5 cm. 15.75 x 12.5 inches.
Image 36.5 x 26 cm. 14.25 x 10.25 inches.
Condition : Overall very good, the sheet is deacidified and smoke free.